• Online Today: 364
  • Online Ever: 367
  • (April 30, 2024, 01:13:11 PM)

TCT (Tachyon Crisis Talon) - Side projects

• 12 Replies

AsymmetricalXeno

TCT (Tachyon Crisis Talon) - Side projects
« on: May 10, 2021, 02:07:29 AM »
I generally focus on TCT these days, but the active side-projects are good for me when I need to do something a bit different.

Active :
Charon Nail Encryption - Powernoise (2015-Current)
- I mostly use sounds I record on my portable audio-recorder to make this.
I have a reputation in the places I go for recording random noises. This is basicly what I use all those sounds for. Sometimes I like to mix growled metal vocals in because  I think it goes well with those sort of beats.
https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/track/an-army-of-the-dead

DOS Column - Techno (2016-Current)
Started off as a fairly light-hearted afair, but during lockdown I decided to make an album of this stuff and go for a darker sound. Technos fun because I can throw away all the complex beats and polyrhthms and do something more simple and straight forward.
https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/track/burning-the-binary

Broken Habitat - Dark Ambient/Drone (2018-Current)
I usually do this project when I'm very high and very exhausted but still want to do stuff. Like DOS Column, I resurrected it during lockdown last year and plan to keep doing it.
https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/track/oumuamua

Dead or Inactive :
Verticon - Alien organic music (2007 and 2020)
Was resurrected for a one-off new album last year due to lockdown. The sound is like if you were inside of a tyranid hive ship and inspired by warhammer 40k's tyranids as a whole.
https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/track/blood-vessel

Ion Plasma Incineration - My old Electro-Industrial project (2010-2016)
Influenced by FLA, Allied Vision and late 90's Numb. It was heavily inspired by hard science fiction writers, and many of the songs and albums were based on or inspired by those writers. Basicly I wanted to make the arthur c clarke of ebm. The ideas I still liked got absorbed into TCT too.
https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/track/field-of-distortion

Boron Division - Lovecraftian themed dark-electro (2003-2015)
With this project I sought to throw out a lot of electronic sounding elements and instead use things like orchestral sounds, pianos, jazz samples and other creepy shit. I guess it was my goth side. I don't think it ever lived up to it's full potential, so have been tempted to revisit oneday.
https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/track/where-they-have-trod-earths-fields

Jupiter Descent Mechanism - Experimental DnB (2013-2015)
I love DnB too much to keep it as a side project and I don't think it holds up well production-wise at all. Most of it's ideas got rolled into TCT.
https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/track/upon-a-burning-nebula

One Offs :
Sentient Static - Minimal repetitive electro (2016)
Dark Oxide Strain - dark psytrance (2015)
Module of Desolation - gabber (2015)
The Bionic Supernovas - experimental/chillout (2014)
Medusæ Lantern - first aggrotech attempt (2014)
Astral Binary Dominion - Synth-metal (2014)

Link :
https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/music
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 12:03:49 AM by Administrator »

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
    • Underground Music Companion
Re: TCT - Side projects
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 02:15:04 AM »
Wow cool my man Chris.   Started to give a listen to Boron Division and IPI but some of these other projects look great too.

Thanks.  Once I can I'll throw you some reviews here.  You really are one of the most creative people and musicians I've had the pleasure to chat with.

AsymmetricalXeno

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 02:36:13 AM »
I'm weird when it comes to old stuff, I hear all the imperfections, mistakes and production flaws and it puts me off it, but have had a few people say they like some of that old stuff.

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 02:43:14 AM »
I'm weird when it comes to old stuff, I hear all the imperfections, mistakes and production flaws and it puts me off it, but have had a few people say they like some of that old stuff.

If I had a nickel for every musician who said this I'd be very wealthy by now, haha.  For me old stuff never gets old - and sometimes it even seems better than new stuff.

AsymmetricalXeno

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 03:11:45 AM »
and sometimes it even seems better than new stuff.

Thats when I get mad at my own fans  ;D ;D

AsymmetricalXeno

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 01:44:11 AM »

little collection of tracks that don't really fit TCT I made this week. Experimenting with mixing reese basses with beats that I wouldn't normally use. Didn't think it was worth putting on bandcamp but I think it's still enjoyable if you arent expecting something uber-polished.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 01:47:39 AM by Administrator »

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 01:52:02 AM »

little collection of tracks that don't really fit TCT I made this week. Experimenting with mixing reese basses with beats that I wouldn't normally use. Didn't think it was worth putting on bandcamp but I think it's still enjoyable if you arent expecting something uber-polished.

Fixed your youtube link - you don't have to use bracket commands anymore - just cut and paste the link.

This video is very cool and should also be included in soillodge's Noise Floor thread but I understand if you prefer not to for private reasons.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 12:37:04 AM by Administrator »

Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 12:44:20 AM »

I have to get these - they're on my list for next pickups.

AsymmetricalXeno

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 06:41:57 PM »
just released this, it's straight up industrialised acid breakbeats

https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/point-of-origin

« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 07:34:42 PM by Administrator »

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2023, 10:06:31 PM »
Anthems For A Decaying World
by Charon Nail Encryption

For CNE's 5th album, I've eschewed all digital sound sources and instead made the tracks entirely from noises, sounds and beats I've hand recorded. Sound sources include metal fences, lamp posts, power tools and other metallic objects. Many of the sources of the sounds come from outdoor locations adding to the gritty low-fi nature. This gives the album a more raw and organic sound compared to previous releases and a personal tribute and homage to bands like Test Dept and Leech Woman.

released September 2, 2023
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 10:07:12 PM by Administrator »

Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2023, 11:59:13 PM »
Reclaim The Static
by Swamp Vortex

Pure analog, filthy, instrumental, industrial funk. Keeping it low-fi, grinding and trashy. The whole album was recorded live and of the moment using a pair of volcas (beats and Bass) through a distortion pedal each, and a monotron delay through a reverb pedal. Raw and primal electronics.

released September 30, 2023

Reaching For The Void E​.​P.
by Broken Habitat

Exploring the concept of suicide via black hole using nothing but a volca modular synth.

released September 30, 2023
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 12:01:11 AM by Administrator »

Online 5arah

• View Profile
Re: TCT (Tachyon Crisis Talon) - Side projects
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2023, 03:47:39 AM »
Absolute Trash
by Scrapyard Automatons

Brand new all-analog, raw and old-school EBM project! Avoiding all my usual software and vst synths and doing it with a minimal setup of hardware synths and drum machines!

released November 21, 2023
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 05:15:07 AM by Administrator »

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
Re: TCT (Tachyon Crisis Talon) - Side projects
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2024, 10:54:45 PM »

The Forever Quasar
by Broken Habitat

The next BH album is recorded via the volca bass through a reverb pedal, and volca modular - eerie dissonant, low-fi dark ambience to take you to dark places in the cosmos!

released May 13, 2024

Multiversal Network
by Ion Plasma Incineration

IPI returns with it's first album in over 7 years! This new release finishes the trilogy that begun with Outer Reality Engine, featuring a more polished, focussed and acid-infused intense electro-industrial assault inspired by Hard Sci-fi writers and classic 90's industrial bands.

releases April 10, 2024
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 10:19:14 PM by Administrator »