• Online Today: 784
  • Online Ever: 784
  • (Today at 07:50:52 PM)

Tea’s Weird Week: story of a Dogged Reporter

• 5 Replies

Furbalz

Tea’s Weird Week: story of a Dogged Reporter
« on: April 25, 2021, 12:23:56 PM »
Back in February, Tea Krulos interviewed me about furries vs. nazis for his column "Tea's Weird Week". There's an audio interview at the end which has even more content if you care for more. It links an interview I did with Jello Biafra from Dead Kennedys and Lard (Jello's fursona is the lamprey on the cover of the Lard album.)

Tea is a journalist who reports on groups of people with weird beliefs. He's written 5 books: American Madness, Wisconsin Legends & Lore, Apocalypse Any Day Now, Monster Hunters, and Heroes in the Night. They cover stuff from conspiracy theorists (I heard him on left-wing radio getting interviewed about Qanon) to the Real Life Superhero Movement. He's in Milwaukee, he talked to me about being kind of an old punk rocker (or on that wavelength) and was really genuine about making effort to reach out. I think he'd like getting a few reads from here.

Tea talks to Patch O'Furr, who runs the furry news website Dogpatch Press. Patch has dug up stories about attempted Alt-Right infiltration into the furry fandom, discussed here along with his introduction to the furry community.

Then Tea and Heidi share weird news: Flat Earthers...in space? Scottish Bigfoot? Football energy rituals? New cave paintings discovered in Tanzania and the guy who says he made a guitar out of his uncle's skeleton- fact or faked?

https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-ubg6d-fb29cf

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 01:23:05 AM by Administrator »

Offline ariza

• View Profile
Re: Tea’s Weird Week: story of a Dogged Reporter
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 01:25:30 PM »
Alt-right morons intentionally target every community/sub-culture and try to take them over by populating them with their stupid nazi trolls. It's become a real issue for the transhumanism community. Basically, if there are more than 10000 people in your online group, they will try to infiltrate it.

Furbalz

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 03:29:55 AM »
God it's so true. Makes me remember the old forum with the Kinetik fest and Jairus Khan thing. I hope he is doing well! Seen anything really obnoxious in the transhumanism spaces?

Offline 5arah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 03:25:58 AM »
Oooh! Another podcast for me to check out!
Welcome to the forum
*tail wags*

Furbalz

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 06:20:11 AM »
Hi! You're already in my Telegram haha. I love good podcasts, and can never seem to find enough of the best ones. I like produced ones (not so much the round table, shoot the shit kind.) They would make a good thread.

There's actually another one that covered the same topic, Worst Year Ever. It has Robert Evans (the Cracked reporter and conflict journalist from Behind the Bastards podcast), Katy Stoll and Cody Johnston (from Some More News).

Part 1 — A look at the background of nazifurs and the Midwest Furfest 2014 chemical attack. (47 minutes)
    Part 2 — Fandom responses and a visit to MFF 2019. (36 minutes)

I provided a lot of background sources and interview subjects. Like tons of chat logs of Milo Yiannopoulos planning to infiltrate Midwest Furfest. They also got a lot of stuff I hadn't heard from the 2014 attack. This guy was the main suspect but the FBI couldn't bring charges for various reasons.

And yeah I'll go talk about other stuff now, it's risking noogies enough to start one thread.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 06:30:12 AM by Furbalz »

Offline ariza

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 09:01:52 PM »
God it's so true. Makes me remember the old forum with the Kinetik fest and Jairus Khan thing. I hope he is doing well! Seen anything really obnoxious in the transhumanism spaces?

They were mourning a nazi terrorist killed by cops openly. It got pretty weird.