• 8 Replies

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
    • Underground Music Companion
AWITW (A Walk In The Wood)
« on: October 24, 2022, 10:47:36 PM »

Synthwave Producer from Nantes, France. 'AWITW' stands for 'A Walk In The Wood'
Exploring various sides of electronic music, AWITW has an appetite for a wide range of artistic sources in order to find his inspiration.

Member: Nico Bernard

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AWITW.fr
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/a.w.i.t.w/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BernardElektrip
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/awalkinthewood
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/awitw
Bandcamp: https://awitw.bandcamp.com/

AWITW - Solitude [Future Garage]

AWITW - Memories of You

AWITW - Unconscious Echoes

AWITW - Without Words

AWITW - Dianthus

AWITW - I Feel You

AWITW - I Miss Those Days

AWITW - Love Simulator

AWITW - Acid Paradise

AWITW & Sola The Lover - Never Grow Up

AWITW - My Faith In You ( Murmur of the Hearts Video Edit)

Mike Spawn Feat. AWITW - Risky Business

AWITW - Still 80's

AWITW - A Summer Story

Outrun - Passing Breeze (AWITW Edit)

AWITW - Mute City (F-Zero SNES)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 02:04:53 AM by Administrator »

Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
Re: AWITW (A Walk In The Wood)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 09:56:17 PM »

Parano​ï​a (Deluxe Edition)
by AWITW

Reissue from the 2021 release, comes back now with 4 bonus tracks.

Paranoia is the feeling that you're being threatened in some way, such as people watching you or acting against you, even though there's no proof that it's true. It happens to a lot of people at some point. Even when you know that your concerns aren't based in reality, they can be troubling if they happen too often.

released September 23, 2022

Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 01:04:13 AM »

Turning Point
by AWITW

Extremely cool in every second of sound ♥

released May 5, 2023

Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 12:40:49 AM »
Aesthetics Studies - Special Edition 特​別​版
by AWITW

Aesthetics Studies - Special Edition
Includes:
¤ Volumes 1 & 2
¤ 6 bonus tracks

released August 4, 2023

ASD: Ambient Startup Drones
by AWITW

ASD is a collection of home video systems startup sounds from the 90's, slowed and sliced, reworked as ambient drone experimental tracks.

1- Echoes Soft:
Windows 95 is a consumer-oriented operating system developed by Microsoft as part of its Windows 9x family of operating systems. The first operating system in the 9x family, it is the successor to Windows 3.1x, and was released to manufacturing on July 14, 1995, and generally to retail on August 24, 1995, almost three months after the release of Windows NT 3.51. Windows 95 merged Microsoft's formerly separate MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows products, and featured significant improvements over its predecessor, most notably in the graphical user interface (GUI) and in its simplified "plug-and-play" features. There were also major changes made to the core components of the operating system, such as moving from a mainly cooperatively multitasked 16-bit architecture to a 32-bit preemptive multitasking architecture, at least when running only 32-bit protected mode applications.

2- Still Dreaming:
The Dreamcast is a home video game console released by Sega on November 27, 1998, in Japan; September 9, 1999, in North America; and October 14, 1999, in Europe. It was the first sixth-generation video game console, preceding Sony's PlayStation 2, Nintendo's GameCube, and Microsoft's Xbox. The Dreamcast was Sega's final console; its 2001 discontinuation ended the company's eighteen years in the console market.

3 - SATVRN:
The Sega Saturn is a home video game console developed by Sega and released on November 22, 1994, in Japan, May 11, 1995, in North America, and July 8, 1995, in Europe. Part of the fifth generation of video game consoles, it was the successor to the successful Sega Genesis. The Saturn has a dual-CPU architecture and eight processors. Its games are in CD-ROM format, and its game library contains several ports of arcade games as well as original games.

4 - Xstation 12-03-1994 JAP:
PlayStation (Japanese: プレイステーション, Hepburn: Pureisutēshon, officially abbreviated as PS) is a video gaming brand that consists of five home video game consoles, two handhelds, a media center, and a smartphone, as well as an online service and multiple magazines. The brand is produced by Sony Interactive Entertainment, a division of Sony; the first PlayStation console was released in Japan in December 1994, and worldwide the following year.

5 - Satellaview 95:
The Satellaview is a satellite modem peripheral produced by Nintendo for the Super Famicom in 1995. Containing 1 megabyte of ROM space and an additional 512 kB of RAM, Satellaview allowed players to download games, magazines, and other media through satellite broadcasts provided by Japanese company St.GIGA. Its heavy third-party support included Squaresoft, Taito, Konami, Capcom, and Seta. To use Satellaview, players purchased a special broadcast satellite (BS) tuner directly from St.GIGA or rented one for a six-month fee. It attaches to the expansion port on the bottom of the Super Famicom.

6 - NGCD gltch:
The Neo Geo CD (Japanese: ネオジオCD, Hepburn: Neo Jio Shī Dī) is the second home video game console of SNK Corporation's Neo Geo family, released on September 9, 1994, four years after its cartridge-based equivalent. This is the same platform, converted to the cheaper CD format retailing at $49 to 79 per title, compared to the $300 cartridges.The system was originally priced at US$399, or £399. The system can also play Audio CDs. All three versions of the system have no region-lock. The Neo Geo CD was launched bundled with a control pad instead of a joystick like the AES version. However, the original AES joystick can be used with all three Neo Geo CD models.

7 - Workstation 4.0
Windows NT 4.0 is a major release of the Windows NT operating system developed by Microsoft and oriented towards businesses. It is the direct successor to Windows NT 3.51, and was released to manufacturing on July 31, 1996, and then to retail on August 24, 1996. It was Microsoft's primary business-oriented operating system until the introduction of Windows 2000. Workstation, server and embedded editions were sold, and all editions feature a graphical user interface similar to that of Windows 95, which was superseded by Windows 98 and could still be directly upgraded by either Windows 2000 Professional or Windows Me.

released July 7, 2023

Panacea
by AWITW

AWITW's new album 'Panacea' is now out through Petite Victory Collective. Here are some words from our man about this new release:

"It's a bit as if I was ashamed to introduce this album,
whereas I started this project almost two years ago taking fun in it.
If Im ashamed it's because it reminds me a period of my life that is both difficult, and somewhere that I always try to get closer, the addictions of all kinds, this absence of borders, and the fact of sometimes wallow in the dark.

The sample of the movie "Requiem for a Dream" in track n°2 is not randomly chosen, in this album it is subject without complexes of my addictive behavior, not only to drugs or excess but for me always pushing the boundaries further, to test them, to the point of finding myself near to death several times. This absence of a living environment, this need to push everything further. It's creepy yes, this album is dark and creepy. But it feels good to me not to hide from it.

This quest for the ideal in destruction I found that the album title "Panacea" illustrated it well. And the sample used in track n°6 comes from the end of this period, a long psychiatric hospitalisation.

But it was also a tribute to the free parties that I spend some weekends during the free techno movement in France in the early 2000s. I would have spent unforgettable moments, this album could still be simply nostalgia. Moreover track n°3 includes a sample from the anime soundtrack "Ghost In The Shell", which has alone represents this period of my life.

"Panacea" comes from a track of the same title name, on the psychedelic trance "Pondou Fever" Peyote Records compilation, discovered in the same period and on which my first attack of hallucinatory paranoia were triggered. From that precise moment, in summer 2002 to be exact, a door opened and never closed, music took up all the space in my brain, its language reached me, and its power has provided and still provides me with hard sensations never felt anywhere else."

released June 16, 2023

Loving is stronger than being loved
by AWITW & Shenwalker

Dear friends, singer Shenwalker and I are pleased to present to you our latest collaborative musical creation. We recorded a cover of Daniel Balavoine's timeless song, entitled "Loving is stronger than being loved".
This musical experience was a real emotional journey for us. We wanted to pay tribute to the immense talent of Daniel Balavoine by reinterpreting this magnificent song which has continued to touch hearts for decades.

The promo video we prepared is the result of our common passion for music.
We invite each of you to listen to our version. “To love is stronger than to be loved”.

released June 2, 2023

Orginal song: Daniel Balavoine

Music: AWITW (Nico Bernard)
Vocals : Shenwalker (Thomas Cadet)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 12:46:24 AM by Administrator »

Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 05:40:24 PM »
Beyond The Universe
by AWITW

The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you. Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls. Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen. I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest.

released January 12, 2024

------------------------------------------------
linktr.ee/AWITW

Emotional
by AWITW

Differents states of bliss in this new experience by AWITW between emotional chillstep and dreamy chillwave sounds.

released December 1, 2023

linktr.ee/AWITW

Nothing Is Real
by AWITW

🌆 Step into the neon-lit abyss of a dystopian dreamscape, where the boundaries of reality and illusion blur into an electrifying symphony. Unveiling my cyberpunk-inspired album, "Nothing Is Real," I invite you to embark on a mind-bending journey that will challenge your perceptions, shatter your preconceptions, and plunge you into a world where the very concept of reality is a mere illusion.

🎶 "Nothing Is Real" pulses with an otherworldly energy, seamlessly blending the beats of the streets with the ethereal harmonies of a digital age. The album's sonic landscape is a thrilling fusion of 80's retrowave, and cybernetic synthwave that oscillate between the human and the machine, blurring the line between the organic and the artificial.

🔮 As the metropolis throbs with a life of its own, you'll navigate its labyrinthine streets, where neon signs flicker cryptic messages, and virtual reality spills into everyday existence. Each track on this album is a chapter in a cyberpunk saga, inviting you to question the very nature of existence. Is it real, or is it a construct of your mind? From the eerie hum of futuristic cityscapes to the introspective ballads of rogue AI seeking transcendence, "Nothing Is Real" explores themes of identity, technology, and the ever-elusive quest for truth...  more

released November 3, 2023

linktr.ee/AWITW

The Space Between Spaces
by AWITW

Another spiritual journey through AWITW's ambient vaporwave vibes

released October 6, 2023

linktr.ee/AWITW

Pyramid
by AWITW

Here is a new AWITW album inspired by spirituality and esoterism, a blend between shoegaze influences and chillwave.

released September 1, 2023

linktr.ee/AWITW
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 05:49:34 PM by Administrator »

Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 01:52:11 AM »
Skyline (feat. Synn)
by AWITW

Here is a remake of the Anoraak single Skyline.
Producted by AWITW
Arranging Mixing and mastering by Synn

released April 19, 2024
linktr.ee/AWITW

High Hopes, Vol. 2
by AWITW

Here is a second volume for High Hopes series , a collection of chillwave pop vibes to celebrate the first sunny days of spring! ☀️

released April 5, 2024

Music, Mix & Mastering by AWITW
linktr.ee/AWITW

High Hopes
by AWITW

New chillsynth / chillpop EP by AWITW

released January 6, 2023

---------------------------------------------------------
AWITW links
Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/awitw
Facebook: www.facebook.com/AWITW.fr
Twitter: twitter.com/awitw_music
Instagram: www.instagram.com/a.w.i.t.w/
---------------------------------------------------------

Speechless (Single)
by AWITW

Here is a new life for "Without Words" released arround 2020 in Dangerous Love EP, I tried to keep the original vibe but giving to it a new skin.
More revisited tracks from this period are coming on a future EP!

released March 15, 2024

linktr.ee/AWITW

Constellation
by AWITW

Here is my new synthwave project, a journey into the stars recorded this winter and inspired by a reborn in my life.

released March 1, 2024

linktr.ee/AWITW

A Change Of Scenery
by AWITW

Here is my new emotional chillstep project.
I recorded it last fall, during a complicated and difficult family period with a lot of questioning.
I was changing of scenery at the seaside, and this musical project allowed me to get through this period of suffering and be able to project myself into the future, find a new beginning in my life.

released February 9, 2024

Recorded mixed and mastered by AWITW
linktr.ee/AWITW

Days Of Sunlight
by AWITW & MicroMatscenes

Lyrics:

I remember the days, I remember the days of sunlight
Riding our dreams in the summer sky
I remember the days, remember the good old wild ways
Tell me who stole my time…?

It’s not so easy to keep you heart warm
If the rain keeps falling
And lightning pierces the sky

It’s not so easy to see your smile
Through the wet window
Behind all the fog of the world

I spent so many days looking for it
In all our photographs

But you are years and years away
Maybe you can’t even hear me,
You can only forgive me

I remember the days, I remember the days of sunlight
Riding our dreams in the summer sky
I remember the days, remember the good old wild ways
Tell me who stole...  more

released January 26, 2024

Orginal music by AWITW & MicroMatscenes
Lyrics and vocals by MicroMatscenes
Mix and mastering by MicroMatscenes
linktr.ee/AWITW

To The Stars (Single)
by AWITW

A star does not compete with other stars around it; it just shines. Stars do not pull each other down to be more visible; they shine brighter. Learn from stars; even in the dark they give off light, not despair. A star is a rock that never gave up on its dream to rise.

released January 18, 2024
linktr.ee/AWITW
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 02:13:28 AM by Administrator »

Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2024, 09:08:15 AM »
Surfing Waves (A Reshape Collection)
by AWITW

A collection of edits of some of my old Dreamwave and Retrowave tracks comming with 2 bonus tracks.

Speechless: Without Words (2020)
Surfing Waves : Closer To Your Heart (2019)
Last Days : Last Days of Summer (2017)
Stolen Kisses : The Stolen Years (2018)
Ballad Of Ancha : In Your Arms (2019)
The Very First Time (Bonus)
On The Edge (Bonus)

released May 3, 2024

Production, Mix, Mastering and Artwork by AWITW
linktr.ee/AWITW

Offline 5arah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2024, 12:26:47 AM »

released November 10, 2023

Offline 5arah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2024, 05:49:59 PM »
Giant Steps
by AWITW

ello everyone, I would like to introduce my new dreamwave EP named "Giant Steps," which symbolizes a series of accomplishments in my life, both emotionally and in my social relationships. This EP is ethereal and dreamy, much like the serene state that has been with me for several months now. I felt lost in my life and music rescued me again.

released September 6, 2024

Summer Radness
by AWITW

☀️Beneath the golden glow of an eternal summer sun, "Summer Radness" transports us to a time where carefree days and beautiful adventures ruled supreme. The 80s, with their worry-free days and magnificent escapades, come alive through every note of this album.

AWITW, which stands for A Walk In The Woods, is the brainchild of Nico Bernard, an artist who delves into the diverse realms of electronic music. With a voracious appetite for a myriad of artistic influences, Nico draws inspiration from a vast array of sources, crafting music that resonates with deep sensuality and nostalgia

released August 16, 2024

Liminal
by AWITW

Here is my new dreamwave EP, which I recorded mostly by the sea between last winter and spring.
I dedicate this EP to my friend Liv, who lost her little dog Croc at that time, with the last track of the project being a final farewell. We miss you Croc 💜

released August 2, 2024

Healing Beats (Special Edition)
by AWITW

Here is my new vaporwave EP, inspired by my recent playthroughs of the first two Shenmue games. Each session immerses me in a soothing nostalgia, giving me the sense of healing through the ethereal sounds of Dreamcast aesthetic.
I tried here to reproduce this atmosphere. I hope you will enjoy it!

released July 19, 2024

Surfing Waves (A Reshape Collection)
by AWITW

A collection of edits of some of my old Dreamwave and Retrowave tracks comming with 2 bonus tracks.

Speechless: Without Words (2020)
Surfing Waves : Closer To Your Heart (2019)
Last Days : Last Days of Summer (2017)
Stolen Kisses : The Stolen Years (2018)
Ballad Of Ancha : In Your Arms (2019)
The Very First Time (Bonus)
On The Edge (Bonus)

released May 3, 2024
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 02:54:31 AM by Administrator »