Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Underground Music Companion
Are You A Goth?
« on: May 02, 2021, 11:56:21 PM »
LINK: WikiHOW - How To Be A Goth

HISTORY OF WORLD GOTH DAY

Goth is a subculture that emerged in the 1980s in England. It rose to prominence as a musical genre known as gothic rock. The aesthetic of goth culture was black clothing and hair, piercings, and even black lipstick! Fashion designers loved gothic fashion, which evolved into a dark take on Victorian fashion. Today, deep red and dark purple are used to symbolize death and the night, just as black is.

The history of World Goth Day can be traced back to 1967, when the music of the Doors was labeled as “Gothic Rock.” This term quickly became popular, and it was used to describe music by Velvet Underground and Siouxsie and the Banshees. The history of goths becoming goths can be traced back to 1764, when Horace Walpole published “The Castle of Otranto,” with the subtitle “A Gothic Story” in its second printing. Gothic horror was regarded as a pleasing extension of romantic literature. It alludes to the romance of the darker aspects of life in some ways.

With time, gothic became an essential part of the musical scene. The Doors pioneered modern gothic music. Gothic styles were then adapted in films, such as “Suspiria” and “Eraserhead” in 1977. However, the gothic culture did not take off in movies and today there are very few movies with gothic plots. Nonetheless, it is a popular and well-loved style. Even if you are not into gothic arts and culture, you will be surprised by how beautiful gothic architecture is — a common form adapted in churches and parliamentary buildings, and a common sight in many major cities around the world.

Razed in Black - Oh My Goth!

wumpscut - You Are A Goth

Goth Black Softserve ice cream

Goth Whopper?

Goth Waffles?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 11:48:59 PM by Administrator »

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
Re: Are You A Goth?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 05:13:18 PM »
Hanging bats filmed upside-down look like a Goth nightclub HD

Goth camping.

LOL
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 05:19:29 AM by Administrator »

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 07:32:17 PM »
Pretty good fairly new Goth Rock band

TWIN TRIBES - Fantasmas (Fan Music Video)

Twin Tribes - Fantasmas (Music Video)

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 07:52:43 PM »
My all-time favorite goth rock bands..

The Sisters Of Mercy - This Corrosion HQ

ROSETTA STONE - The Witch [Official Video 1993] HQ

The Cure - Lovesong (Official Music Video)

Switchblade Symphony "Clown" Music Video

LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT - Shatter [Live@Zillo Fest] HQ

She Past Away - Asimilasyon

« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 11:20:53 PM by droidrage »

Offline 5arah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 02:33:37 AM »
Criminal
by The Soft Moon

« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 11:39:24 PM by Administrator »

Furbalz

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 02:57:01 AM »
Bootblacks, more darkwave than goth? Whatever it is, they're top of my list of recent bands with super replayability. Crazy visuals in the first video are a coincidence, cross my furry heart.

Amazing cover of this 80's gem

« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 03:00:48 AM by Furbalz »

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 06:38:56 PM »

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead (Official Version)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 05:09:01 AM by droidrage »

Furbalz

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 12:33:12 AM »
There was a world goth day fest near me. It took up a city block and was actually pretty cool. I brought my dog and some very young goth girls got anime eyes about her, and some of us older people talked about general old people stuff. We looked at spell casting supplies, medieval cloaks and spooky candles and got tacos. There were DJ's and skull shaped cupcakes. Here's a bunch of fangy critters.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 12:38:47 AM by Furbalz »

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2022, 05:05:39 AM »

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead (Official Version)

http://worldgothday.com/

Happiness For Once: A World Goth Day Celebration (Full Album)

World Goth Day 2022 Mix

« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 05:07:39 AM by droidrage »

Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2022, 05:20:14 AM »
How Goths Dance | Black Friday

Offline 5arah

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 07:50:48 PM »

HAPPY WORLD HOTH DAY
(Am I doing this right?)

Offline Administrator

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2023, 07:43:17 PM »

GfS was born during lockdown 2020, out of a desire to bring the alternative community together, support the amazing bands & DJs that were keeping us all sane & to raise funds for animal sanctuaries & rescues around the world.

With two festivals, an earthquake relief event & a co-curated album so far, next is a two-part festival in October & November 2023, with accompanying charity compilation.

Goths for Sanctuaries - The Album​!​!​!
by Goths for Sanctuaries

Everything on this compilation is exclusive and not available anywhere else on bandcamp at this time. It is a mixture of brand new songs, remixes and reimaginings, rarities and live recordings.

Some of the songs are special previews from upcoming albums and EPs, with some bands even delaying their own releases in order to be a part of this!!

I am overwhelmed with the kindness and support of so many amazing artists and record labels ❤️

When I first came up with the mad idea for Goths for Sanctuaries back in 2020, I never could have imagined that three years later we would be doing this - quite possibly the craziest thing ever!

The purpose of GfS has always been two fold, firstly to help support and raise funds for amazing animal sanctuaries, shelters and rescues all over the world, but also to really bring the dark community together to support eachother and to celebrate the wonderful people and incredible talent in our small corner of the music world.

Music has the power to unite and to heal - and to bring out the best in us. It is the soundtrack to our lives.

I am so privileged to know so many incredible artists and musicians - some you know too, others will be new to you. Every one has a story to tell and I am honoured to be able to share their creations with you.

It is for that reason that I have priced this low. I want it to be accessible to absolutely everyone. It is in no way reflective of the talent - honestly if I had to put a worth to it I really couldn’t.
I know those who can give more, will do. I also know that in some parts of the world even 10 euros is a huge sum so please contact me for a download code if you need one - all of this music needs to be heard and you deserve to hear it no matter what. I may even make it name your price at some point.

I really hope you will make the time to listen to the entirety of this album - even if it takes you months!
Every single song or piece of music is worthy of your attention.

Please also follow the artists - a link to all the bandcamp and social links are at the bottom of this page and in the Goths for Sanctuaries linktree at the side.

I also hope to see at least some of you in the twitch events where you will have an opportunity to see performances from so many of the contributing artists - some exclusive - as well as the best dark scene DJs from all over the globe.

www.facebook.com/events/608174974822253

www.facebook.com/events/1503325750481774/

twitch.tv/gothsforsanctuaries

www.facebook.com/GothsforSanctuariesEvents

-

I wish to thank all the bands and artists from the bottom of my heart for going above and beyond in order to make this happen. You’re truly amazing ❤️

I also wish to thank those bands and artists that were unable to take part at this time but have always been ardent supporters of Goths for Sanctuaries.

A special thank you to Christian from COP International, Wes from Re:Mission Entertainment, Andy from SkyQode, Sean from Produkt 42 and Alex from Blackjack Illuminist Records, who not only gave me permission to work with their label artists, but actually collaborated with me to make this happen. I really appreciate your kindness and support more than I can say.
Also Claudia Bastias for putting me in touch with so many amazing Chilean bands.

A huge thank you to the DJs past and present who have been integral to making Goths for Sanctuaries what it is and without whom it never ever could have happened. Thank you too for introducing me to so much amazing new music!

Huge thanks to George Strix for the absolutely stunning original artwork 🖤

Finally an absolutely massive thank you to Nortia of Graveyard Death Cvlt Productions, who took on the mammoth task of doing the final album master of virtually the entire compilation!!

Thank you so much to everyone involved - and to you for all of your support ❤️

All my love, shellee xx

Bandcamp and social links of bands, artists and labels:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G1HuTVv3TlWJB1UjTJANRedAfhCBCsiIuKAwPB-fVrM/edit#gid=0 

released October 19, 2023

Sanctuary Much
by Goths for Sanctuaries

Written especially for the Goths for Sanctuaries Festival grand finale by Svea aka Squid Widget (Sloar+Mordor).

Performed by Svea / Squid Widget and Matt (Sloar+Mordor), Ani (Gloom Wizard) and Mange (Come To Ruin, DJ MANGE).

With cameos from Antoine Poncelet (The Antoine Poncelet Band), Lara Noël (5 R V L N 5), Natasha (Mortasha Kinski), Dan (DJ Dan Brunswick), Craig Dalrymple and Shellee.

Mastered by Nortia (Graveyard†Death†Cvlt).

Artwork and video by Antonella Di Mattei (Art of eshmoondm).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLH61x_IgYM
lyrics
This has been such a fun Fest
So many friends in the stream
Fantastic bands and fab DJjs
It all seems like a dream

But like all dreams, this one has come to an end
Till the next time when the dream begins again
Celebrate the funds to help that have been raised
But for now there's just one more thing left to say

Sanctuary much
Sanctuary much
Sanctuary much
Sanctuary
Muuuuuuch

Even though this one's ending
It doesn't mean goodbye
We'll see you around in the Twitch streams
Till the next fest is nigh

But like all streams, this one has come to an end
Till the next time when the stream begins again

Sanctuary Much
Sanctuary Much
Sanctuary Much
Sanctuary
Muuuuuuch

We've all just come together
To help creatures great and small
We couldn't do it without you
So thank you, thank you all

But like all streams, this one has come to an end
Till the next time when the stream begins again

Sanctuary Much
Sanctuary Much
Sanctuary Much
Sanctuary
Muuuuuch

Sanctuary Much
Sanctuary Much
Sanctuary Much
Sanctuary, Sanctuary much!

released December 1, 2023

Written by Svea / Squid Widget (Sloar+Mordor)

Performed by Svea / Squid Widget and Matt (Sloar+Mordor), Ani (Gloom Wizard) and Mange (Come To Ruin, DJ MANGE).

With cameos from Antoine Poncelet (The Antoine Poncelet Band), Lara Noël (5 R V L N 5), Natasha (Mortasha Kinski), Dan (DJ Dan Brunswick), Craig Dalrymple and Shellee.

Mastered by Nortia (Graveyard†Death†Cvlt).

Artwork by Antonella Di Mattei (Art of eshmoondm)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 11:41:03 PM by Administrator »

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2024, 11:37:12 PM »

Bats Day at Disneyland - This has Goth to be Great

Bats Day at Disneyland!!!!!

Goth food: the dark side of food is surprisingly healthy

Gothic desserts to unleash your dark side. 🖤✨

« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 11:55:47 PM by Administrator »