• 12 Replies

Offline droidrage

• I Am Imortem Joe
    • View Profile
    • Underground Music Companion
People in this scene that are a SHPOS!
« on: June 15, 2021, 11:31:04 PM »
Marilyn Manson Accused of Another Sexual Assault in New Lawsuit

https://pitchfork.com/news/marilyn-manson-accused-of-another-sexual-assault-in-new-lawsuit/
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 12:49:46 AM by Administrator »

AsymmetricalXeno

Re: Marilyn Manson is a SHPOS!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 12:16:58 AM »
SHPOS ? I'm gonna guess that acronym as sub human piece of shit, if so, I agree wholeheartedly. Glad I never liked his music, always felt fake and vapid to me.

Offline soillodge

• Persistence is All
    • View Profile
    • soillodge  Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 08:52:15 PM »
Trent is going down too. Watch the sky when it falls.

Offline soillodge

• Persistence is All
    • View Profile
    • soillodge  Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 10:11:39 PM »
Yes, its obvious that he is going to try to distance himself. But the shit that went down IN Nothing Studio is going to come out. Not to mention the things that went down on tour, backstage, and in the transpo. There are journalists not tied to major media doing interviews and gathering intel. A shit storm is brewing. Its only a matter of time.

There is a reason why everyone (television film, and record labels) have been rushing to cut ties with Manson. There is also a reason why he was using the intelligence apparatus to further his own agenda. Ask yourself why he would be able to do that? You think he was the only one surveilling people in the film and record industry?

AsymmetricalXeno

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 08:14:03 AM »
I definitely wouldn't be surprised. It seems to almost be a cultural thing with rockstars to be sex offenders, especially when you look back at the cultures of the 60s and 70s with all their groupies and noncey lyrics. It's got to the point I pretty much expect these people to be some kind of abuser and it to come out sooner or later.

Furbalz

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 08:38:44 PM »
You'd think a person who overtly used theatrical themes of outsiderness would be familiar with the trauma of abuse, and use his power to help purge it, rather than being just as bad as the people supposedly being satirized.

Where can I read more about "using the intelligence apparatus to further his own agenda. Ask yourself why he would be able to do that? You think he was the only one surveilling people in the film and record industry?"

I've discovered the same thing happening in the indie art/genre fandom/kink subculture I cover. I've done true crime reporting about it... rings of blackmail, abuse, and illegal media trading. And been targeted for retaliation and recrimination by corrupt people. You'd also think an indie community that can set its own boundaries would do better than big money media.

Part of it is about money though, not on the media side but the event production side. People putting on fan conventions have the inside track. Even with no profit involved, attention is currency itself. Some predators would use access as bait for prey.

Speaking of media I also spent a lot of time in litigation as a whistleblower on fraud and elder abuse. I could write a book, and I'm very marginal to the whole iceberg of it. A lot of the fucked up corruption I've seen has to do with social media warping the world, with corps not moderating their creations, and letting machines do it. 1000 theses could be written on this.

Anyways yes. MM is bad and had maybe 2.5 albums I liked but I'm glad I never got too into his stuff.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 12:17:19 AM by Furbalz »

Online 5arah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 10:22:44 PM »
I guess Forrest needs to be added to the "list"

AsymmetricalXeno

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 11:42:50 PM »
Many many years ago, a guy tried to get me to remix that mr.kitty dudes stuff - I had technical issues with the way the parts were recorded and he responded quite rudely, so I just passed on it and SO glad I did now. Puke.

Furbalz

Re: People in this scene that are a SHPOS!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 09:42:15 AM »
Dammit Mr. Kitty :(
He was nice in a short DM with me late last year when I asked if he would agree to play a show for furries.
The DMs with a teen are going around and are indefensible. Hope that kid is OK.
UMC delivered fresh news I hadn't seen!
Good response from label.

Offline soillodge

• Persistence is All
    • View Profile
    • soillodge  Bandcamp
Re: People in this scene that are a SHPOS!
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2021, 05:30:23 PM »
Another one bites the dust!